Lou Reed Waltzing Matilda (Love has gone away) street hassle tour deluxe 2 x cd set
OUT NOW !!
Ears099 Barcode 5060446070253
Cleveland Music hall Ohio 26th April 1978
1. Gimme some good times 2.51
2. Satellite of love 6.37
3. Leave me alone –medley 8.24
4. I wanna be black 5.01
5. Walk on the wild side 4.36
6. Coney Island baby 4.39
7. Street hassle 12.50
8. Sweet Jane 4.47
9. Rock n roll 5.20
San Francisco, 22nd March 1978
- Gimme Some Good Times 3.20
- Satellite Of Love 6.42
- Leave Me Alone 13.32
- Lisa says 7.10
- Coney Island baby 9.38
- Sweet Jane 4.07
- Rock N Roll 7.29
Stuart Heinrich Guitar, Michael Fonfara: Keyboards Ellard "Moose" Boles , bass, MARTY FOGEL, sax, MICHAEL SUCHORSKY, drums
· Third in the series of Lou Reed live Concert albums these two shows taken from the 1978 Street Hassle Tour
· Features in depth liner notes by author Dick Porter, Unseen photographs in the 12-page booklet plus deluxe album cover packaging
· Includes classic tracks Walk On The Wild Side & Satellite of Love from the iconic Transformer album as well as Velvet Underground tracks Sweet Jane & Rock N Roll and introducing the just shy of 13 minute brutal Street Hassle.
Design Les 'He was a She ' Clark
Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed (March 2, 1942 – October 27, 2013) was an American musician, singer, and songwriter. He was the guitarist, vocalist, and principal songwriter of the Velvet Underground, and his solo career spanned five decades.
The Velvet Underground was a commercial failure in the late 1960s, but the group gained a considerable cult following in the years since its demise and went on to become one of the most widely cited and influential bands of the era. Brian Eno famously stated that, while the Velvet Underground's debut album sold only 30,000 copies, "everyone who bought one of those 30,000 copies started a band."
Reed began a solo career in 1972. He had a hit the following year with "Walk on the Wild Side", but this level of mainstream commercial success was not repeated. Reed was known for his distinctive deadpan voice and poetic lyrics, and for pioneering and coining the term ostrich guitar tuning.