Brian James CD Album Bundle
Bundle of Damned ...if I Do, Chateau Brian, The Brian James Gang & FREE The New Rose E.P
3 albums and an E.P at a special price...
British punk royalty and The founder member of The Damned, Brian James produces an acoustic / roots album with ex Lords of the New Church, Simple Minds keyboardist Mark Taylor
- From Delta Blues through Reggae, the catchy and comical boogie of “ Something floatin’ “ and a hopelessly romantic New Orleans style opener this album is simple but very effective. Just two men, an acoustic guitar, piano and accordion.
- Live dates in both Europe and USA are being scheduled for 2012
- The style of the album owes more to Tom Waits or Seasick Steve and proves that Brian James is not a one trick pony.
- Reviews and interviews are expected in Vive Le Rock, Mojo, Uncut, Record Collector, Rockerilla, R2
02 Treat a Lady
03 Moan moan moan
04 Something Floatin’
05 Staring at me
06 Such a lot of stars
08 Crawlin’ my way back home
09 No place like home
10 Teasin’ me baby
11 Paul’s Friend
Brian James Presents...
The self titled album is the first album in 12 years from the man who formed the Damned and wrote most of their first two albums, “Damned Damned Damned” & “ Music for Pleasure” and wrote the very first UK Punk single ‘New Rose’. The album Includes acoustic duet with Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex fame
- During the summer of 2006 Brian began raising his profile with a series of shows, the first of which was at the legendary 100 Club with former Damned band mate Rat Scabies, and guests Casey Chaos from Amen and Mani from Primal Scream / Stone Roses. This gig was recorded and filmed for future release
- The Brian James Gang played their first hugely successful full UK tour at the start of 2007 and limited edition signed tour posters can be found here soon.
- The album is presented in a ‘mini album cover‘ design
- Catch that bird
- Shadow lie light
- Bad boy
- Green Worms
- E mail Blues
- Eye Witness (with Polystyrene)
- Time to go
- Man with no name
“Damned…… if I do“
EARS045 Barcode: 5060174955198
1. New Rose
2. Born to Kill
3. You take my money
4. Feel the Pain
5. Sick of being Sick
7. I fall
8. Fan club
9. Neat Neat Neat
- Some of the seminal punk anthems of 1976 including the U.K’s first ever Punk Single ‘New Rose’ being re addressed by the man who wrote them with today’s sound. The link to the video is below.
- Brian is currently on Tour with Co Damned founder Rat Scabies performing these songs and more from the first two Damned albums.
- A film is currently being shot about The Damned by Wes Orshoski who Made the ‘Lemmy’ Movie
- Amusingly Adverts Bassist Gay Advert provides us with the spoken intro to New Rose. The Damned and Adverts toured famously under the Stiff Records banner “The Adverts know one chord, The Damned know two, hear all three chords at ...
- Presented in 6 panel full colour pack